What Will It Cost to Have DCC Installed?
DCC Installation Costs since March 2008
Prices shown are in USD$ and apply to most plastic locos.
Brass is an additional $35.00.
Customer is responsible for the actual cost of return shipping and insurance.
What To Do?
Pack your train(s) securely in a box.
Enclose detailed instructions telling us what you want done, i.e. sound, lights, etc.
Litchfield Station; 1412 N. Central Ave., Suite D; Avondale, AZ 85323
|Scale||Diesel DCC||Sound||Steam DCC||Sound|
|Z & Nn3||$60||-||$70||-|
|N & HOn3||$50||$85||$60||$95|
|N & HOn3||$50||$85||$60||$95|
Customers can schedule a time to come into the Station and work on their own installations (with Jack’s help).
Installation hours are 8 AM to 8 PM, by appointment only. Appointments must be scheduled in advance and space is limited.
The cost for in person installation help is $100.
- Professional Installation, Programming & Testing
- Wires, resistors, etc. to use original lights (except for 1.5 volt bulbs)
- Two functions (lights, etc. per decoder)
- A warranty on the decoder and installation work – abuse excluded.
- The Decoder(s) and Speaker(s) and light(s) or LED(s)
- Loco NOT IN ORIGINAL MANUFACTURERS’ box with original packaging
- Add $10 if you didn’t buy the decoder from Litchfield Station
- LED conversions — add $5 per light: Golden White, Yellow or Red
- LED additions — add $10 per light: Golden White, Yellow or Red
- 1.5 V bulb conversions or additions w voltage regulation — add $10 / light
- More than 2 active functions — add $5 per extra function plus parts
i.e.: Ditch Lights are 2 extra functions – a strobe is one
- Frame modification or replacement — eMail for pricing (frequently $15!)
Chuff Cam $25 and up plus parts
- Added power pickup: pricing varies eMail for a quote!
For example, sound in a box car or added tender pickup.
- Vanderbilt Tender: + $25
- Plug-in or light board non-sound decoder install and program: + $30
- Atlas N-Scale Shay: + $ 75
- Mikado Kato N-scale: + $100
- Trix Big Boy HO Scale – sound: + $110
- Model Power N-scale steamers: + $45 —without headlight control
- Con-Cor N-scale Northern: + $80 with 2 lights
- S1 Proto 2000 HO-scale non-sound: + $60 labor plus decoder and 2 Golden White LEDs
- Kato NW2 HO-scale non-sound only: + $60 labor plus decoder and 2 Golden White LEDs
- Brass locos: pricing varies send eMail for a quote:
Please provide the insurance value of the loco so we can quote adequate insurance!
What About a Warranty?
At Litchfield Station, customer satisfaction is primary. When we install a decoder for you, we warranty our work. You have 30 days to let us know if things are not right. If there is a problem related to DCC, we will make it right.
If the problem is related to the locomotive mechanism or abuse, we reserve the right to charge for time (USD $ 50 per hour) and materials to fix it.
We cannot be responsible for things we cannot control, like shipping damage.
There is a $6.00 shipping charge with the exception of locomotive installs where the charge is applied for actual freight and insurance costs.