Terms & Conditions
PRICING AND QUOTES
- We have worked hard to make our quantity prices, shipping costs and taxes, as calculated by this website, as accurate as we can. There are a few KNOWN issues on some international shipping which we cannot fix with our website software. They are few and far between. Mostly, the site calculates the best price you’ll get. So, LOG IN and put your items into your cart. You’ll know what your order will cost before you check out.
- USA shipping and taxes – shipping is $4 for first class and priority is $6 or $8 depending on the weight. We collect the required sales tax on orders delivered in Arizona.
- International shipping – If you find the shipping costs to be out of line, feel free to eMail us with your concerns. If you trust us to look out for you, you may just submit the order and know that we will refund any extraordinarily high amounts.
- If you ask us for a personal quote for shipping, understand that it may very well be HIGHER than what the website calculates!
We work hard to meet expected demand and have what you want in stock. Sometimes vendors cannot fulfill our requirements or we misjudge. Also, you may have an unexpectedly large need. Feel free to contact us by phone or eMail to verify stock levels. Some of the stock is only available to what is on hand. We can tell you what we have, but, since folks may be ordering at the same time, we MAY not be able to fulfill your order when it arrives. We operate on a FIRST-PAID, FIRST-SHIPPED policy. We cannot hold product without payment.
- We use United States Postal Service for our shipping. We typically ship every day that the Post Office is open. Orders placed after 3 PM MST weekdays usually ship the next (non-holiday) weekday or Saturday.
- We do not, in the ordinary course of events, ship via Express Mail, UPS, FedEx or other carriers. If you insist upon any of these, including using your shipper account, a $25 service charge will be added to your order, in addition to ACTUAL COST OF SHIPPING and INSURANCE. This service charge comes from the fact that it takes us a long period of time to create the labels that we usually don’t use, package your order in different boxes or pouches, travel several miles to the appropriate service provider, wait in line for service and travel back to the shop.
- We ship via First Class or Priority in the USA.
- Outside the USA, Shipping is usually via International First Class Mail. Regulations currently limit these shipments to 4 pounds or $400. Above this weight or value, we will split the shipment or use International Priority Mail. Shipments over 4 ounces must have Customs declarations to be accepted by the Post Office.
- We insure our shipments, either self or via a third party. This insurance cost is factored into our shipping charges, but will NOT reflect itself in the price paid. It is not our goal to make money on shipping. If you live in the following countries, we cannot ship to you: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Papua/New Guinea, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Yemen, Yugoslavia.
Items listed on the website as “SPECIAL ORDER” will be ordered by us AFTER YOUR PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED. If you are paying by PayPal or a credit card, understand that your account will be charged when the product is ordered.
On international shipments, where customs declarations are required, we will NOT LIE. Items will be sent with a full value declaration, as our insurance carrier uses the declaration for limitation of liability. We will list the products with a type of OTHER, with the text “Toy Train Parts,” unless you tell us otherwise. If you are not comfortable with this policy and have a friend in the USA who will reship to you, have us send it to him
- NSF – SHORT CHECK POLICY
Checks returned or stopped will incur a $25 charge.
- UNPAID ORDERS
Will be canceled after 30days of nonpayment
In spite of best intentions and careful work, sometimes things are not right. What to do?
At Litchfield Station, customer satisfaction is paramount, and our team will do everything possible to make you happy. Here are the policies for many scenarios:
- I want to return some or all of what I ordered or cancel items on an order, they are functional, in original packaging, but I changed my mind. What I have is salable “as-is.”
Phone or eMail us for instructions about returning your items.
- Within 30 days salable items will be accepted.
- After 30 days, each order will be handled on a case by case basis.
If you paid by PayPal, the refund will be in your account within two business days. If you paid otherwise, the refund will be held as a store credit, and a Coupon code will be given within two business days.
- I received my order, and something is defective.
Phone or eMail us! Sometimes there are settings or connections which may make something seem defective. Sometimes we can repair or replace the defective item. Sometimes the manufacturer will NOT allow us this option. In these cases, the fastest service will result from dealing directly with the manufacturer. We’ll work with you to make sure things are set as right as they can possibly be. BEWARE that some manufacturers may NOT warranty decoders that HAVE BEEN INSTALLED!
- I never got my order.
- A claim may have to be started from this end. If we agree that things are not correct, we will handle things as much as possible. Our insurance carrier requires an extended wait on lost orders, as they mostly show up. In some situations, this may be as long as 45 days.
- I have decoders or other products that I have soldered on, cut the plastic off of, etc. or I don’t have all the packaging and literature.
Alas, since these items are not resalable, we cannot accept returns on them.
- I toasted my decoder doing an install, or my set blew up.
- We cannot service your items; only the manufacturers can do that. eMail us for assistance.
We reserve the right to fix/correct error on the website. There are times when a mistake is made on the price or in the description. If it looks too good to be true, it may have been a screw-up. But also if it looks too high it could be a screw-up. Please call or email us if you ever see a problem.
We respect your privacy!
Any and all the information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned!
Any information you provide will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail us.