NIX Decoder Buddy 21-pin Motherboard 12 functions – #NIX-DecoderBuddyV5
This new board makes for super-easy 21 pin decoder installs from vendors such as Digitrax, ESU, SoundTraxx, and TCS!
Now a 21-pin-friendly board replaces the standard DCC 8-pin loco motherboard and easily allows taking full advantage of all the functions and features of the latest new feature-rich decoders. The benefits of this new Decoder Buddy (DB) board include:
1. Popular 21-pin decoders from TCS, SoundTraxx, ESU and Digitrax easily fit in Decoder Buddy‘s 21-pin socket
2. 10-pin socket and plug with wire-outs for 21-pin decoder functions
3. 10-pin plug fully removable for easy separation of loco shell and chassis
4. On board resistors for LED lighting provided
5. Specifiable resistors for function outputs available on request
6. On board soldering pads for stay alive
7. Older 8-pin loco motherboard weaknesses solved with Decoder Buddy
Fits Most HO Scale Locomotives
It has a small footprint of 2.20″ x 0.67″ x 0.35″ or 56 mm x 17 mm x 0.9 mm which makes for easier DCC decoder installation in the some of the tightest locomotives!
Connections for 8 Lighting Functions
Depending on your DCC decoder manufacturer up to 8 lighting functions are available with amply sized soldering pads for your LED leads for easy decoder installation.
Specifiable resistors for function outputs available on request make retrofits of retrofits or bulb use even easier.